Sunday, December 9, 2012

Whys of my Sunday

Today in church I was wondering a lot of Whys:
  • Why was I at church?
  • Why am I doing what I am doing?
  • Why do I pay tithing when I have barely enough to make it by?
  • Why do I dress modestly when it would be so much easier to not?
  • Why do I believe Jesus is my redeemer and in his divinity?
  • Why am I getting an education?
  • Do I really believe in the religion I practice or do I practice it because that is how I was brought up?
  • Why do I need religion in my life? Do I really need it?
I had many others also.

I came to the conclusion that I really do believe in Christ. I do believe in a higher power. So many things have happened in my life that could not have happened if there wasn't a plan and a higher being guiding me.

I was at church to learn and feel that beautiful peace that I find in worshipping God. I felt the peace of the Holy Spirit today knowing I was oding what was best for me.

I pay tithing to help others. Tithing is 10% of my income before taxes. It would make sense that if I needed money not to pay it. I continue to any way. There are people out there who have a greater degree of need who need my minimal contribution. When ever I pay my tithes its is almost like the cosmos(God) know I did a service for another unknown person and I have been blessed for it.

Dressing modestly has always been a challenge. Clothes straight of the rack rarely fit. My jeans are always too long my shirts are either too tight or way to big. It is fashionable to show a lot of skin. I don't for many reasons. I have enough respect for myself that I don't need to flaunt every curve. People are easily distracted and I don't need to make it harder on people. Those who are scantily clad are rarely respected. So as difficult as is may be its worth it. People can learn to love me for my my opinions instead of my body.

I believe in Jesus because I know I make mistakes and I hurt people and myself. Jesus died for everyone to be forgiven. I know that I would be in deep trouble if I didn't have help. I also have been given an example of how to live my life; with love and compassion as free from condemning judgement. His example also gives me guidance of where I need to go.

I am getting an education to better my life. To help others. I want to be a speech pathologist. I will be in school for at least anothe 6 years. I am really looking forward to it. I love learning. I have always been a curious person.

At first thinking about why I have practiced my religion as long as I have. I have been living at college on my own for a while now, I could to change if I wanted to; or leave religion completely. Many people of the world now shun religion for varying reasons but I have never been able to leave it. There have been way to many instances where I have seen God's hand in my life. I am realt thankful for the way my parents have brought me up. I have been taught to question how I feel and figure things out for myself and not just go along blindly.

I need religion in my life for more guidance. I need something other than the "have to"s. I would be so lost. There would be so many unanswered questions and less peace in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment