Tuesday, April 5, 2016

I Love Rejection!

The past few days have been really amazing. As many of you know, I was admitted to Swansea University. I am so unbelievably excited to attend. I mean I literally can walk from campus to the beach. Granted, it is Wales, therefore very very cold ocean.  
I mean, who wouldn't want to live in a place like this!?

Anyway. I have been waiting to hear from the last university I applied to; it would have been great. I would have been in North Carolina. It would have been expensive, but it was something I was willing to pay. 

On Saturday, I got the last response! 

"Dear Miss Hopkin,

We regret to inform you that we are unable to offer a position in our program."

Since applying for school, I hoped to only get into one school. All you really need is one acceptance. And there are many reasons to not be offered a position. My self-mission and goal may not align with what they teach, or there are a lot of people who applied for the program, or a many other reasons. 

I felt very confident in my decision to go to Wales before I knew about the other responses. It makes it really easy to decide where to go when there really isn't an option. This made everything really awesome and most importantly simple. There have been so many choices over the past few years; it is a relief to not have to make yet ANOTHER one.

The challenge to apply for visa is the next step. I had to get finger printed, which is cool.  Now  I have the potential to be charged with crimes, because they have my finger prints. Not that I would ever do anything to require using those.  My worst crime I have ever committed is jay walking. Other agencies have my finger prints. I mean I do work in a hospital for children. It will be nice to get this next step done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment