Monday, March 7, 2016

Planning, Packing and 100 Last Minute Details

So I leave in 40 hours and 40 minutes! I have a lot to do before I leave. The list feels like its growing and not shrinking. I found these two lists to be able to pack more effectively. My first step with packing is always figuring out where I am going. This trip is China. I, then, check the weather and climate. Don't bring strappy sandals and a white dress to a place in monsoon season. It will be miserable and uncomfortable. I found this first list for my carry on bag. This will all be able to fit in carry on no problem.

As a person who likes to shop I leave with all of my things fitting into a backpack or a carry on. Now I know the stereotype for women is that they over pack, I am no longer one of those women. I did a 7 week study abroad and only brought 9 days worth of clothes, which all fit in my backpack. I came home with 15 pounds of chocolate and gifts for about 25 people.
Now I won't bring everything on this list, for example, I strongly dislike umbrellas. I won't be bringing one. I will instead have a raincoat. I will not be bringing a lap top either. My basic rule is that keep all things you absolutely need to have. For example, glasses, contacts, travel size contact solutions, my passport and my boarding passes without question will be in my pursue or carry on.
I believe that all international flights give you a checked bag. I usually check an empty bag so I have something to bring my treasures back in.


This second list is for long trips for clothes and other things to bring. This will be the list I will use to pack for graduate school. It has an extensive list for all occasions. I should be able to fit this in a checked bag or two and have everything I need.

Khaleejesque Magazine: The Travel Issue - July/Aug/Sep 2013 - Is

Now I just need to pack and organize everything. While I was doing my undergrad, I always wash my sheets before a trip. It is so nice to come home to a clean room and freshly washed sheets.

I am so excited this is going to an adventure. And this is where the name of my blog comes from:There is no such Thing as Being Lost Only Adventuring. I will be adventuring in the very near future.

I will be blogging while I am gone, so I hope to keep everyone up to date on my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment