Friday, September 20, 2013

The Cake Analogy

The past few months I have been thinking about a lesson I learned when I was 13. The example went like this. A really nice cake with beautiful piping was presented on the table. It was a few days old and was starting to go stale. It would have still been really good. Our teacher asked us if we wanted some of the cake, we responded positively. And she threw it away. She went into another room and brought back a better, fresher, more elaborate cake. The teacher just continued the lesson talking about how hard work and diligence pay off, and not to settle for something good when you can have something great. This has been the life lesson for the summer. Don't settle for okay grades. Don't accept with mediocre relationships. Put forth the effort to be amazing. When you do all that you can that is when you succeed. Anything worth having is worth working for. I have officially decided to work at school and my relationships. I will have my cake and eat it too.
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment