Saturday, March 2, 2013

Six Countries One Month

I went to Europe with my university. I studied the development of religion and how it effected the United States. It was fascinating. We started in Rome, Italy. We went to the Vatican City and learned about the art and expressing of faith as a Catholic. We learned about the great divide. We went to Florence,Venice, and Padova. They were beautiful and every city had its own culture in one country. It was so free. The cities were a beautiful maze of the growing new with the ancient culture of the Romans. The people were so loving and kind. Th Gypsies and the poor were basically ignored. It was heart breaking and made me grateful the United States attempts to help their citizens. Then I traveled to Austria. We learned about the Nazis and how the concentration camps effected the lives of the Austrian citizens. We went into a salt mine. Then we went to the Czech Republic. It was beautiful and the food was amazing. It looks like something out of a movie. The colors and architecture are so classic. Afterwards we went to Germany and learned about the Cold War and saw the Wall. I went to Wittenberg and saw the Church where Martin Luther nailed the 95 theses. It was very similar to the US. I then went to Paris and Versailles. It was beautiful. The French people have an authentic way of looking at life. Comradery is everywhere. The people were not closed like I had been told.Notre Dame was breath taking, the stained-glass must have taken hours of pain-staking work.  After my time in Paris. I flew to England. I went to the theatre and saw Big Ben and the Tower of London. The diversity of the United kingdom was amazing. It was so refreshing. Over all I loved the trains and the shopping. My goal was just to experience as much as I could. I bought art, tasted food, and met people in ways that I may never be able to again but I hope to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment