Thursday, June 9, 2016

Mid Year Goal Review

It being half way through the year it is the ideal time to reevaluate this years goals and reflect.  I have made a few of my goals already and I am very proud of me. 

I wanted to get a scholarship to help me pay tuition. And I did it. It took a lot of prayer and faith. I am very grateful for this scholarship. It will take a significant portion of my tuition payment away. 

A few months ago I went to the doctor. I found out that a medication I was on made me gain a lot of weight. When your trousers no longer fit, you know this, but I didn't understand why. It was the medication. At the beginning of the year I decided to become more healthy and work out more regularly. It didn't really make a difference and now that I am  not longer on that medication I have seen results. Yay! 

There are a few other goals I can't do until I head to grad school. I am so excited to leave. I am just waiting on my visa. It seems like I should be used to this after Saudi Arabia; being me it is just as frustrating as in 2014. 

In the past six months, I have learned a few things. I miss college. The life style was fun. I enjoyed living with friends or peers who were also at the relative phase in life. Living in that kind of support system is something I took for granted. I miss being able to flop on my roommate's bed and talk about my feelings. Or have the opportunity to stay up late laughing and dancing until sunrise. I miss classes. I miss homework. I miss learning. I want to be a life long learner. There have been measures taken in my life to do this. Yes I am that nerd. Its a good thing I am going to grad school. I miss it. 

Now I never ever thought that I would miss it. My last semester was rough. As my mother how many times I called home and said I was quitting. It was an almost weekly or biweekly occurrence. It usually involved some hysterics and dramatic throwing of myself on the floor. I can't wait to have it happen again, in an odd way. 

The next six months will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment